Students in the Journalism concentration are directly on the front lines of news gathering and writing through participation in the campus newspaper, The Collegiate, using industry-standard computers and software to prepare for employment upon graduation. Students are trained in using the Internet and social media as part of multimedia news delivery. Internships at area newspapers and frequent classroom visits from journalism professionals enhance the student’s networking opportunities.
- Brooks speaks out on human trafficking November 5, 2020
- The data on Dr. David Abeling-Judge November 5, 2020
- Whirligig Park offers interesting nearby diversion for students November 5, 2020
- Wilson’s hidden gem: the North Carolina Baseball Museum offers history lesson October 16, 2020
- Dickens letter the latest addition to Rare Book Room October 16, 2020